yellow-ribbonMilligan University is a veteran-friendly institution. The university allows for military transfer credit, flexibility on registration and withdrawals due to deployments, and payment deferments while awaiting properly applied-for educational benefits. Milligan also waives admission application fees for veterans and provides individual counseling during the application and admission process. Give us a call at 800.262.8337 and we’ll walk you through the admissions process.

The university is among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools which are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students, according to G.I. Jobs magazine.

The Registrar’s Office at Milligan University is pleased to help students who have served in the United States Armed Forces and now desire to attend college using their Montgomery G I Bill or VA Vocational Rehabilitation educational benefits. We look forward to assisting you to reach your education goals as well as those of dependents and or spouses of deceased soldiers through Dependents Educational Assistance.


Steps to Apply

Due to the COVID-19 situation, requesting official transcripts and test scores has been hard for most students. We can use unofficial copies for admissions purposes. We will work with you individually to use whatever you can provide us at the moment. Contact your admissions recruiter or reach out to for assistance with transcripts and test scores.
  1. APPLICATION: Complete and submit your official application.
  2. TRANSCRIPTS: Request that a copy of your transcript(s) be mailed directly from your high school and any former colleges attended.
  3. TEST SCORE: Request that official ACT and/or SAT-I scores be sent directly to Milligan.
    • ACT code: 3996
    • SAT-I code: 1469
  4. MEETING: Meet with the University’s Certifying Official
    • The Certifying Official will evaluate military and non-military education credits to determine what you need to complete to earn your desired program of study.
    • In addition, the Certifying Official will help you find the appropriate VA resources to determine eligibility for specific chapters of VA education benefits for which you might be eligible.


  • NEW STUDENTS: References will be required from students who have an ACT score below 19, SAT score (after March 2016) below 990, an old SAT score (prior to March 2016) of 900, or a GPA below 2.75. One academic reference and one church/character reference will be required.  You will be notified if these are required of you.
  • TRANSFERS: References will be required from transfer students with a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5 or below. One academic reference and one church/character reference will be required.  You will be notified if these are required of you.